Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury



I love this book!! I love it so much!! In fact I love all Karen Kingsbury's work!! Karen Kingsbury is not a young adult author but i recommend her books to those of you who are mature enough like maybe 16 and older, even 14 and older. This book is truly touching!!XD!!
Holden, the protagonist, is locked inside of himself. Through his thoughts, the reader gets a glimpse of the struggle between what he feels and what he can express. When he "meets" Ella, who is really his childhood friend, Holden begins to find a way to express himself: music. Their relationship develops despite educators who don't believe Holden can break out of his autism and bullies who prey on anyone who is different.
This book has really touched me. It has given me more compassion for autistic people out there. I know this autistic boy at my church and he is misunderstood by all the kids. They laugh at him, they throw stuff at him, cause they don't get him. And he only wants to be their friend. He always comes up to me and we do a fist pump. He's like my little buddy. I feel like it's easier to connect with precious people, though it may look like they were not created just like us they are the sweetest kindest people. I'm so happy God created people as sweet as them.

I'm checking out! It's your blogger girl, gracegirl316!! Peace& <3!

No comments:

Post a Comment